100 Things You Don’t Know About Me.
Everyblogy has one…here’s mine.
1. I am 70 inches tall.
2. I have five dogs.
3. I live in Michigan.
4. I’m really excited American Gladiator will be back on TV (January 6th)
5. I enjoy bad TV – I watch it with a horrified fascination.
6. I felt that way about the TV show “The Swan”, hideously intoxicating.
7. I played basketball, volleyball and softball in highschool.
8. I was a class A All State basketball player.
9. I was offered a basketball scholarship.
10. I declined when my father commented “oh good, you can live at home”.
11. My favorite singer/songwriter is Lucinda Williams.
12. I have so many books that they no longer fit on my bookshelves.
13. I need more bookshelves.
14. An “ex-girlfriend” just threw my things in a box and mailed them to me.
15. In the box she gave me a book “The Queen of Oddballs”.
16. I don’t have balls – still I think it was a message.
17. When I turn off the lights my parrot says “goodnight”. Then he asks for a kiss – then he says “I love you”.
18. The parrot also says “dammit Lucy”.
19. I have a pair of cowboy boots.
20. I think boots are incredibly sexy, especially on women.
21. I had my first girl crush in the fifth grade.
22. I kissed my first girl in the fifth grade, we went to second base too.
23. Her parents almost caught us.
24. I came out when I was 39 years old.
25. I’ve never been married.
26. I was a marginally successful heterosexual for many years. (OK I was largely awful).
27. The last time I went out with a man I thought “if he touches me I will be physically ill”.
28. I just discovered Melissa Ferrick’s music.
29. I am stalking Melissa Ferrick.
30. Lucinda Williams is happy to have a break.
31. I work out 5-6 days a week for 1-2 hours.
32. I have a 13 year old golden retreiver, we have gone on at least 4,745 walks together.
33. I feel very blessed to have enjoyed so much time with this dog – still I cannot imagine not having his company.
34. My favorite dog is named “Bliss”. He is not a Golden Retreiver.
35. I have one brother.
36. I am the oldest child.
37. I am still a child but someday I’ll decide what I want to be when I grow up.
38. I have a B.A. from Michigan State University in Design.
39. I worked for over 15 years as a creative director and buyer for a retailer very much like Crate and Barrel.
40. I did not work for Crate & Barrel…I did shop there a lot.
41. Now almost all of my shopping goes on in bookstores.
42. I was discriminated against in my last job for being gay. It was a Humane Society of all places.
43. I am now self employed. I love my boss!
44. I work in animal training and behavior.
45. I also co-own another company that designs, manufactures and sells t-shirts, sweats, posters, buttons and magnets.
46. The designs have a “doggy” theme for the most part. I provide the humor for the designs (sort of).
47. We are all funny, we are all talented.
48. I once spent a week alone hiking all over Arizona’s Senora Desert with my Nikon.
49. One of my best vacations was hiking through the Senora Desert.
50. I don’t like living in Michigan.
51. I want to move to the southwest preferably New Mexico.
52. I spent a wonderful vacation in Oregon – I cried when I got back on the plane.
53. I was also in love with the woman in Oregon…so I cried a bit for both the loss of the landscape, and the lass.
54. I love to dance.
55. I have a road bike – there are few things I enjoy more then going out and riding 25-30 miles.
56. I have a genius I.Q.
57. Based on how I spell, as well as my bank account, I haven’t done much with it.
58. My favorite poet is Mary Oliver, or it might be e.e. cummmings, or it might be…
59. I tend not to have favorites.
60. I am intense.
61. Some women love my intensity.
62. The last one said “you are too intense”.
63. I am happy with simple things and I am very complex.
64. There are things that are important in life, one should make sure they get them.
65. Good coffee is important.
66. A great hair cut is important, spare no expense – even if you haven’t made your house payment yet.
67. My hair as a child was auburn.
68. I have no idea what my natural hair color is. I’ll bet it’s going grey.
69. Shaved. (ohh la,la)
70. I can bench press over 75 lbs.
72. Today I put 320 lbs. on the leg press and moved it 15 times.
73. Then I did it again.
74. I am in the best shape of my life.
75. It took me 45 years to like my body.
76. Wit is a brilliant movie, it’s sad, Emma Thompson is amazing in it.
77. I am considering stalking Emma Thompson.
78. I am single now.
79. I am inclined to like younger women.
80. I have more energy then most people, yet I am incredibly lazy.
81. I wear a pendant that reads “Erase Hate” almost everyday.
82. I was raised Catholic.
83. I don’t consider myself religious.
84. Buddhism is intriguing to me, in regards to an organized religion.
85. I was born into a Republican family — I still think someone switched me out in the hospital.
86. I look too much like the Republicans for a mistake to have been made.
87. I lost my father to Alzheimer’s disease nearly a decade ago.
88. When a loved one has Alzheimer’s you lose them twice.
89. I have a high sex drive.
90. If I am not moving I am reading, or writing, or contemplating my navel.
91. I walk my dogs almost every day regardless of weather.
92. One of my dogs sleeps on the bed – the others visit and jump back down.
93. MSU wanted me to play volleyball with their team, I declined.
94. Am considering going back to school to study fine art/photography.
95. We need to keep growing – we grow the most in our relationships to other people.
96. I want a girlfriend, I am generous and ridiculously romantic.
97. I think Jewish women are very sexy.
98. I love to eat – especially ethnic foods.
99. I drive a Honda Element.
100. I am many things but mostly I want you to think I am thin, and pretty.
101. I am worried you do not think I am thin or pretty.
102. I am NOT insecure — I’m really not. Do you think I’m insecure?
103. I am funny. And I ramble on, and on, and on. (at least on paper, not in person)
104. I don’t follow rules — was I supposed to stop at 100?
105. I am a strange sort of over achiever.
106. Do you at least think I’m funny………….