Melissa Ferrick & Drive Playing at my wedding…
All righty I saw this over at Maria’s and it looked like fun. So I cast a spell (oops blessed the iPod) and began.
Rules are simple. Put your iPod on shuffle and press next for each question. Write down the song playing as the answer.
1. How would you describe yourself?
-Melissa Ferrick “Mercy” (Hmmm – I think I’d choose ‘Then So It Is’ instead)
2. What do you like in a girl?
-Lucinda Williams “Something About What Happens When We Talk”
3. What is your motto?
-Gillian Welch “Look At Miss Ohio” (this is the point at which I began snickering)
4. What do your friends think of you?
-Cheryl Wheeler “Defying Gravity” (my friends do tend to think I am ‘out there’)
5. What do you think about often?
-Mary Gauthier, “Karla Faye” – hmmm I thought it was J.W., M.F. or S.S. or was it you?
6. What do you parents think of you?
-Melissa Ferrick, “Till You’re Dead”
7. What do you think of your best friend?
-Alison Krauss & Union Station “So Long, So Wrong”
8. What do you think of the person you like?
-Alison Krauss “Stay” (oh one of my favorite love songs)
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
-Sarah McLachlan, “Last Dance”
10. What do you think when you see the person you like?
-Laurie Anderson, “Monkey’s Paw” (I do have a fondness for bad girls…oops)
11. What song will they play at your wedding?
-Melissa Ferrick, “Drive”. (that had me laughing, should be a very interesting ceremony but perhaps we will live happily ever after)
12. What will they play at your funeral?
-Mary Gauthier “Ever Easy”
13. What is your hobby/interest?
-Po’ Girl “Mercy”
14. What is your biggest fear?
-Kate Bush “This Womans Work” – (oh lord so fucking accurate)
15. What is your biggest secret?
-Andrea Gibson “Water Drips Through Stone”
16. What do you think of your friends?
Eric Merrill “The Top Of The Maol”
17. What is your theme song?
Melissa Ferrick “North Carolina”
18. What do you think of your family?
Elton John “They Call Her The Cat” (huh?…whatever)
19. What is your best friends theme song?
Johnny Cash, “Tear Stained Letter” (I am sorry – trust me – you are probably better off)
20. What is your mood right now?
The Be Good Tanyas “Reuben” (first lines of the song are…who is going to shoe your pretty little foot, who’s going to hold your hand) I am grinning – that is almost always on my brain.
21. If your heart could talk what would it say?
Katie Sawicki “Come On Home” (ohh I love that song, one of my favorites by her)
22. What do your co-workers think of you?
Kasey Chambers, “Falling Into You”
23. What does your future look like?
The Wailin’ Jennys, “Take It Down” (hmmm ok sort of depressing in a way. First lines of the song are…take everything we had and burn it to the ground – somethings are never meant to last)
Fun — the whole damn thing was worth it to learn that when or if I am married – a grossly illegal act, I will have the further audacity to play Melissa Ferrick’s Drive.
And that girls is why they won’t let us get married.
Have to run there is a goat I am scheduled to sleep with this morning.