Archive for September, 2009
…oh and I like Melissa Ferrick too!
All I want to do is make art – I am having so much fun and my hands are finally beginning to catch up with my head. Here are some photos of what I am calling “Forbidden Fruit” and they are handbuilt stoneware that are then raku fired. I think I have found my passion – it’s clay and this really hot kiln I am calling Carmen.
I need to thank my friend Monica at My Montana Blu for giving me the “Honest Scrap” award – my thanks. I am trying to get back to the habit of blogging. Now the rules as I understand them include that I am to give you “10 Honest Scraps” so here are 10 random facts about me lately.
1. I am preparing for my FIRST art show – it opens on Tuesday September 22. (yeah I am excited)
2. I have a kiln full of pieces for the show bisque firing now, I have a box of frames to frame up the other pieces – I have pieces in various stages of drying, to be fired, to be glazed, to go through the raku process.
3. I love my life – I am truely very happy and fulfilled at the moment. AND I think I have found the secret to keeping things that way.
4. I have met someone on-line that I am kind of keen on, it seems mutual – we have a good foundation of friendship started. One distinct advantage of long distances.
5. I will be entertaining someone from out of town (yeah, yeah) next week. She smiles.
6. I’m training for a half marathon that takes place in May, yes really. My running form is getting better and I am running anywhere from 3-4.5 miles when I go out now.
7. I had a birthday – I am 47 years young.
8. She is 35 …this is the year of the 35 year olds. When one younger woman does not work out what do you do? You find someone even younger that’s my motto apparently.
9. Let’s see – Oh I quit dog walking as I don’t need to dog walk and I have committed to a “studio practice” with my art. So I am spending many more hours a week making art. It’s wonderful.
10. I still love Melissa Ferrick and now I also love Ani DiFranco (you know she just always fell under my radar) well I am seeing her in concert next week (woot, woot) and in the meantime I am listening to all things Ani DiFranco!
Thanks again Monica – I am not going to tag anyone because I’d tag everyone! So if you are reading and you want an “Honest Scrap Award” well I honestly love you, I do!